- The FIFA Arab Cup takes place from 30 November to 18 December
- Its qualifying spherical runs from 19-25 June
- 14 groups vying for remaining seven locations at event
While the primary half of June has been dominated by FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ preliminaries, qualifying of a distinct variety would be the focus for a gaggle of African and Asian nations from 19 June. The setting would be the Qatari capital Doha, the place 14 sides will contest a single knockout fixture for the remaining seven berths on the FIFA Arab Cup 2021™.
The winners of every pairing will be a part of hosts Qatar, Iraq, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Syria, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Algeria within the event’s last section from 30 November to 18 December.
- Where: Doha, Qatar
- When: From 19 to 25 June 2021
- At stake: A spot on the FIFA Arab Cup for the winners of every head-to-head
- Who: The 14 lowest-ranked nations (of the 23 taking part sides) on the April 2021 version of the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking
Q1: 🇴🇲 Oman (world rating: 80) – Somalia (197) 🇸🇴
Q2: 🇱🇧 Lebanon (93) – Djibouti (183)🇩🇯
Q3: 🇯🇴 Jordan (95) – South Sudan (169)🇸🇸
This fall: 🇧🇭 Bahrain (99) – Kuwait (148)🇰🇼
Q5: 🇲🇷 Mauritania (101) – Yemen (145)🇾🇪
Q6: 🇵🇸 Palestine (104) – Comoros (131) 🇰🇲
Q7: 🇱🇾 Libya (119) – Sudan (123)🇸🇩
All matches will probably be broadcast on Youtube: click on on the match hyperlink to take pleasure in!
About the FIFA Arab Cup
This would be the first pan-Arab FIFA event, with the ultimate set to be performed on the identical day the World Cup Final will unfold one 12 months later: 18 December, Qatar’s National Day. The taking part groups may even get to play at six World Cup venues.
What you’ll want to know
- Libya–Sudan will get the qualifying spherical underway on 19 June on the Khalifa International Stadium. Of the seven matches on the programme, this seems probably the most evenly balanced, with simply 4 locations separating the perimeters on May’s FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.
- The following day sees the 2 groups farthest aside within the Ranking – Oman (eightieth) and Somalia (197th) – face off. The job seems all of the tougher for the east African aspect, with Oman in high type having simply booked their place within the third and last spherical of AFC qualifying for Qatar 2022
- Founded solely in 2011, the South Sudan nationwide workforce have by no means earlier than confronted a workforce from outdoors CAF. Their 21 June showdown with Jordan, who final confronted African opposition in 2017 (Libya), will due to this fact be a milestone.
- Lebanon–Djibouti and Libya–Sudan are the one matches on this qualifying spherical during which each groups are nonetheless in rivalry for a spot at Qatar 2022.
The variety of objectives Comoros put previous Djibouti (4-2) in a qualifying fixture for the 2009 Arab Cup of Nations. It stays probably the most objectives scored by Les Coelacantes in an official match.
probably the variety of years between FIFA tournaments for Yemen goalkeeper Mohammad Ayash, who took half within the FIFA U-17 World Cup Finland 2003. However, to grace one other one, he’ll want his workforce to beat a resilient Mauritania aspect, who proceed to shock.
If he performs towards Bahrain, Kuwait striker Bader Al Mutawa will overtake Egyptian Ahmed Hassan to develop into probably the most-capped males’s participant of all time with 185 worldwide appearances.
“I’m calm and convinced that, if we manage to qualify, we’re capable of winning some games in Qatar. The main thing is to beat Lebanon and take part in this competition. That would allow us to win a few games in Qatar. The main thing is to win against Lebanon and participate in this competition. That would provide something we lack a bit as a team: experience.”Madhi Mahabeh of Djibouti [FIFA.com]